Friday, October 2, 2009

Fridays are Awesome

Good evening!

I was spirited today. I hopped out of bed and into the surprise of the sun. We have been expecting lots of rain and it didn't come today. Apparently, the rain is arriving with violence tomorrow for our 5K in Somerville. This event was the firs that B-May and I ever did and our debut to the world of running with others. It was awesome and I'm confident that tomorrow will be better. We're shooting for well under 30 minutes.

To get me going today, I scarfed down some oatmeal with maple syrup and brown sugar. Not the finest of choices but it was sweet and a good boost of energy for a busy day at work. I forgot to take a picture.
During my ride to work, it became obvious to me that I needed more food and some caffeine or something. So I went to Dunkin Donuts nearby for a blueberry muffin and a chocolate frosted donut with a small black coffee. Again, not the best but it was good in the moment.

Looks good though, doesn't it?

Around 2pm I took my lunch and enjoyed another tuna melt on an Arnold's Thin with some reduced fat Wheat Thins I boosted from my parents when we were in Massachusetts. Sitting out on the lawn with the cool wind whipping at my backside, I finished lunch with a Chex Mix Turtle flavored granola bar. All in all, not that bad.

Rode my bike to and from work today to count for some exercise and am currently sipping a Samuel Adams Irish Red waiting for a huge plate of macaroni and cheese with all sorts of veggies. Like a true blogger, I'll post again after supper.

Funny note, I thought that this beer tasted like blood in college. Now that I have it again, I wonder if I was actually bleeding at the moment in school because this does not taste like blood at all. Rather, it's quite good!

No comments:

Post a Comment