Thursday, October 15, 2009

Winter is Coming!

Oy vey!

It's getting cold outside! I feel a little head-cold coming on and a cough that brings up the nasty reminders of phlegm and...winter. Granted, I am totally psyched for skiing, snowshoeing and winter backpacking. I can't wait to welcome the warmth of hot cocoa after a day of sledding and the coming holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Fall is definitely my favorite season so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can. Accordingly, I will be biking to work today, tomorrow and every other day I can until the snow falls. Perhaps when that happens, I'll run to work on Micro-Spikes or something.

So when B-May and I were preparing for our trip to Chicago we finished off all perishables, which given our lunch and dinner tendencies, that was nearly everything. I had dry cereal and the one remaining slice of whole wheat bread with crunchy peanut butter with a glass of milk for breakfast.



This morning I was productive in cleaning the apartment, dodging jury duty owing to my move to New Hampshire and paid some bills. To reward myself for these efforts, I took a walk into town and stopped in at the Works on Congress St. for a Thai Chicken wrap. As I recall, there were sprouts, onions, red peppers, chicken of course, and a spicy thai peanut sauce. They called it "hot" but it was not "hot." Slightly disappointing but I enjoyed it much-ly.



Knowing work will prevent me from eating for another four hours, I snacked on three of the peanut butter blossoms which are actually not peanut butter but a chocolate base with pumpkin Hershey kisses in the center. A B-May original, I might add.

Off to layer and prepare for work! A cold bike ride awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment