Friday, October 16, 2009

Successful Taming of the Craving!

Good evening!
I just got back from my bike ride from work and on the way felt two things: a headache and after seeing a bag from Wendy's, a strong craving for fast food. Then, I got to thinking: I am dehydrated! I don't think I drank enough water at work and the Wendy's wanna-treat was actually craving the salt! Well, now I'm sitting comfy watching a little Cash Cab and sipping some cranberry pomegranate juice while dipping some Food Should Taste Good: Olive chips in a garlic hummus. An excellent alternative!




A little catching up: For dinner last night, I enjoyed a small bowl of B-May's macaroni and cheese (how much of this stuff did we make anyways???) and a handful of the aforementioned chips I picked up at the grocery store during my break. Oh, and two Reese's, dark chocolate. I don't know if they make me healthier but I wanna believe that they do.

So in over-preparation for my cold bike ride today, I loaded up on probably unnecessary energy: eggs - without yolks -, whole wheat toast with peanut butter slathered on top, and a bowl of oatmeal. With milk. What was I thinking? I wasn't about to take off for a killer run or something and I got hungry at work like I would anyways. What gives?!




For lunch, I nuked a canned veggie soup from Hannaford that loaded me up with more sodium than I'll need for the rest of the day. Not that I need sodium. Isn't that bad for you? After my warming soup, which it wonderfully was, I snacked on a cheesecake slice with cream cheese and pumpkin that B-May made for her work and this tiny box of Multi-Grain Cheerios from CNN we picked up in Chicago at a health fair.

As I watch the idiots of Cash Cab I'm waiting for B-May to get home and feed me. Wish I was kidding!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment