Monday, October 5, 2009

Uh...Half marathon? Yes!

There's been nothing subtle about my life lately.

To project a self-fulfilling prophesy, I brought my friends to Dos Amigos Burritos for the namesake burritos. I ordered a fish burrito with guacamole (for an extra dollar) and sipped a Coke for lunch. I have never been to this staple of Portsmouth dining but it was amazing. I'll be back very very soon.
After they left B-May and I took a walk and debated on dinner. It didn't take long to decide on a vegetable calzone which we started on as soon as we got back. The pictures tell the story and one can easily deduce that it, too, was amazing. (B-May also allotted some of the dough taken from the enormous calzone and worked it into three breadsticks we eagerly dipped into a olive oil concoction on par with Not Your Average Joes).






For dessert I had a couple more of the bites (see last post).

This morning was sort of epic. First of all, we woke up at 6 30am. Then we each ate half of a bagel with some peanut butter. Then we ran 13.1 miles.

13.1 miles! That's a half marathon! I felt pretty good during miles 1-8 and 10-13.1. Miles 8-10 were a different story. I developed a devil of a blister on my left foot and my legs gave up the whole running thing. What I Learned Today: run like B-May. I need to slow down my pace when I put on the big miles. She did amazing. She said her legs were sore too - after all, she is human - but for the most part, when I needed to walk, she never stopped running. Very impressive girlfriend!
Our run ended right next to a convenience store and I quickly downed a quart of Gatorade, B-May half that much. I wolfed down a couple waffles and tall glass of milk before running a quick errand (no pun intended) to Maine, during which I sipped a Diet Coke.

At work, I had one of the portions of our macaroni and cheese with veggies. Like before, I added a bag of Wheat Thins and four of the bites. Not completely awake at work, I picked up a Coke and got the necessary caffeine kick to get me through.

When I got home, B-May and I celebrated the completion of our run with a beer each and generous bowl of ice cream. Typically, I'm sheepish to share a photo of one of my favorite snacks but given the serious mileage we put in today, I don't mind posting this sweet snack on the blog.






I am thoroughly exhausted. Bedtime.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment