Friday, October 9, 2009

Lots of Room for Improvement

Good evening!
I have very little good to report. Truth is, I took a two-day whirlwind tour of New York City and ate terrible things - McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, two NYC pizza joints, etc. - and visited a few too many bars. I even had cheeseballs at one of the bars. Regarding my training, it was a GIANT step backwards. Not that I have to make up the difference, it was just unnecessary. I had fun but there were many moments I was wishing I was asleep, running, or eating vegetables. Actually, those moments happened quite a bit. To be fair, I should note that during my visit, my friend and I walked just under 100 blocks on the island of Manhattan. It works out to be seven miles. We were severely dehydrated however and I wonder if it just made my headache worse.
MOVING ON.
That's the theme of my life and training lately. Moving on. Today I woke up and had two fried eggs and a couple slices of toast with a tall glass of cranberry/pomegranate juice. At work, I sipped a medium sized coffee and enjoyed a big handful of raisins before lunch. I haven't got a photo but I will soon. Before my trip, B-May experimented with a pot pie of sorts of mushrooms, brussel sprouts, spinach, peppers and whatever other veggies we had in the house. Tacked on four little oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for a filling and redeeming meal. Seltzer water for a drink.
Dinner was excellent! This was a huge step back towards Taming the Craving. Gnocchi with roasted cauliflower. B-May whipped up a cream sauce to hold it all together and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner.

Okay, so now for What I Learned Today: I would rather be moving than sitting on a barstool past midnight. It was immature taking the trip I did - though it comes with some good stories - and the fact that I still have hot-burps from lousy beers is a telling sign. There's fun to be had in going out on a bender but it's no good maintaining that as a lifestyle, even if it's just two nights in a row.

Ironically, B-May and I are contemplating a beer out on the town tonight or ice cream. Speaking on rare occasion, my liver, says ice cream.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment