Thursday, September 24, 2009

Omelets are Hard

Last night before bed, I resolved to make an omelet.

This morning when I gave up on making an omelet.

It's really hard! I ended up with scrambled eggs. So, to (literally) spice things up, I added some pepper, crushed red peppers, miniature tomatoes and a slice of cheese with a splash of milk for a balance on the pH scale. All in all, not my favorite breakfast but certainly filling considering I added three eggs. Perhaps that was my greatest error in this mishap of a meal but it's been just over four hours and I'm starting to get a little hungry. For a guy like me, that's saying something.

So it looks more like porridge even Papa Bear would pass on. Lesson (somewhat) learned.

Just finished a slew of morning chores - prepping the apartment for the arrival of a friend this weekend - and managed to find an hour to sit at my favorite curbside coffee-spot, Popovers for a quickly cooling Vermont Maple Nut Coffee. Afterwards I enjoyed a nice ramble on my bike back to the apartment and now I'm contemplating the leftover spaghetti with turkey and onion meatballs.

Work soon, so later!

No comments:

Post a Comment