Sunday, August 23, 2009

A man of his word!

So I didn't get too drunk last night! Great fire and excellent beer with new friends made for a pretty good night. I should thank the birthday boy for letting me on this record I'm listening to: Freddie Hubbard's Straight Life. Awesome stuff. So let's do a little recollection work here...

Lunch was not the hummus wrap I was anticipating. Rather, with the two leftover pieces of bread from yesterday's french toast, I threw together a turkey and cheese sandwich per usual. Then of course, I got thinking about this blog and in an effort to balance it out with some veggies, I added quite a bit of spinach. B-May is not the biggest fan of this particular type from Hannaford but I don't mind it much at all. Just for good measure to make the piece come together I included a couple dabs of BBQ sauce and set it up on the George Foreman. God bless that man. What an invention, and what a delicious sandwich! It totally held me over until I got to dive into this:



Yep! Ziti with spinach, zucchini and summer squash (and maybe some tomatoes? I forget). Quite good and had all the vegetarians at work turning heads until they saw the substance of the dish: turkey meat. Excellent, filling dinner that prepped me for a little lot of drinking that night.

So while I ate all sorts of little snacks from cookies, to crackers to Oreo combinations, I did not get out of hand on that front or the beer consumption. We heard some more jazz from the fellows in the basement of the party and set out soon after to start up a little fire which attracted party-goers like moths. Interesting...

Which brings me to now. Just got back from peach picking with B-May and her folks and we took home just over eight pounds of peaches for pies and fruity snacks. Before that put down two Eggos and a bowl of dry cereal with a tall glass of milk, none of these things worth the effort of uploading (or even photographing). I should have pictured a cider donut that I had two of with her folks and the Vitamin Water (hangover solution #34) also but I am lazy on this Sunday. Hot and humid all over again with a chance of showers. So before that happens, I'm going to set off to the ocean and consume a little bit of this new book I picked up from a co-worker: Born to Run by Christopher MacDougall. Book review to be posted soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment