Sunday, December 27, 2009

Run Tomorrow

Alrighty!

B-May and I are planning a "big" run tomorrow. It's the first time we've set out for more than five miles in quite a while. I snuck in a little jog on Christmas morning - 1.5 miles to dampen the effects of the vertiable banquet that would follow. I should note that I did over-do something on that run as my left foot was KILLER the rest of the day. Now that's two days later, I am doing a lot better and gearing up for the six miler. I argued with myself that it was not the running specifically that plagued my foot but an over-extension or I simply stepped on something that freaked out the ball of my foot. The evidence, to me, is that my other foot did not hurt. So there, fore-foot strike is still the way to go.

On a related note, my unintentional evagelization of the forefoot strike produced another convert: a buddy from college grew tired of shin splints developing as he labored on a treadmill and gave running on his forefoot a shot: shocker! it worked like a charm. He said that he was breathing better and the pain in the front of legs subsided quickly as he pressed through his workout. Sweet!

Our food choices have been less than stellar - cookies in ABUNDANCE but we did have a wonderful butternut squash risotto for dinner tonight. It was excellent and I think there's a little leftover that I plan on skipping on sharing.

So I just wanted to post a little something before a more detailed post come tomorrow afternoon.

'Till then, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment