Monday, November 9, 2009

Bouldering and Beers

(Originally supposed to be posted on Monday...)

Bouldering and Beers: Well, not in that order but both did happen within the past 24 hours. I just finished hosting a friend from study-abroad on a blundersome morning of driving around central New Hampshire looking for the parking lot of site we thought we'd try. Turned out to be a little harder than expected and we only got a chance to climb for about 30 minutes. That was a bummer. It made all the beer we'd drank last night even harder to swallow (literally: I still have hot-burps, a rude reminder that PBR in excess is never without consequences). For breakfast beforehand, we had some bagels from The Works, a small chain presence in town and I had a VitaminWater XXX to feel somewhat human again.

Another departure from the blog has left me wondering what I've been eating or doing with my life lately. Nothing particularly interesting actually. I did have a wonderful chicken pot pie that B-May made from scratch.

It was excellent. Heated up a good portion for leftovers at work and now it's all gone. It's always sad when a good food is no longer in your refrigerator. As such, I've been eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! I forgot how good these things are! B-May is a faithful customer of Trader Joe's peanut butter which is the crunchiest peanut butter I've ever had. Excellent with a grape jelly that even though it contains high fructose corn syrup is still enjoyable.

At some point I went to Panera because I figured we didn't have any lunch foods in the apartment (which B-May quickly corrected me on and let in on PB&J's, etc.) I got the usual for me: smokehouse turkey panini with a slice of french baguette. Oh! And a Jones organic soda which was tasty.

Got a couple runs in too, and am still pumped about the race in September. Just need to find four other events to make it a strong season. Off for another run perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment