Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Today was a Day for the History Books!

But not yesterday. Yesterday was a slew of chains: Dunkin Donuts for breakfast (egg and cheese on a plain bagel with a black coffee), Panera Bread for tea (earl grey), and Friendly's for lunch with friends (TurkeyClub SuperMelt with very little fries and a giant chocolate Fribble, a.k.a., frappe). For dinner B-May and I whipped up a quick stir-fry of rice and veggies. I had seconds! And drank a PBR. Which was awesome.

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of any of those things. Friendly's and the stir-fry of course, I regret failing to do so. I have an unconditional love for the sandwich I ordered at Friendly's, a New England staple and so have to have it every time I go. This time, was in the face of everything I learned from Food Inc. and every thing I promised to do in my last entry. Which brings me to my next point: I bought Odwalla Organic super-berry mixture (of sorts) and a Stonyfield yogurt, black cherry. The Odwalla I have not consumed, though I tasted it and loved it. It's only a matter of time. As for the yogurt, well...not only is it organic but is amazing!


I officially love yogurt! This was a wonderful afternoon snack that has filled me up and satisfied my sugar craving for that part of the day. It's not correct that one gets one sugar craving a day. Rather, they come in frequent waves. (At least for me.)

So today B-May and I made pumpkin french toast, which came out excellent and was delicious. I was surpised how full I got from this breakfast. I can usually put down six or seven slices but I think the combination of whole wheat bread and pumpkin puree set my intake limit slightly lower. Milk for a drink!


During the course of the morning, B-May and I headed down to Applecrest Farms for a pumpkin to be a jack-o-lantern and a peck of apples.
We got both despite nearly all the apples had been picked from the orchards. For lunch we returned to the apartment and I smushed a tuna sandwich to make a tuna melt and enjoyed some almonds before as a snack. I also had some chips and salsa with my tuna and two congo bars for dessert.

This brings me to the yogurt experience which was magical and to dinner which I will post either later tonight or tomorrow. Hooray for yogurt being in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment